Christophe Daviet-Thery is a publisher and bookseller in Paris. The gallery Daviet-Thery opened in early 2001,commited to the creation and diffusion of books by contemporary artists.
As bookseller, he organizes exhibitions of artist books, prints and ephemeras in collaboration with international publishers as Michèle Didier, Salon Verlag, CCA of Kitakyushu, JRP/Ringier,OneStarPress….
The exhibition can be monographic: Roni Horn, Hamish Fulton, Richard Long,Kiki Smith, Sol Lewitt….or about specific themes: Urbanescape, Lignes Multiples,Books on Books……
Our diverse collection, without pretending to be exhaustive, focuses on the book form as an artist’s medium unto itself, allowing a comparaison and dialogue with other support such as photography, video and drawing. One’s familiary with books – the ease with approach them as objects- provide an ideal vehicule by which the public can approach artistic creation today.
In tandem with these shows, the artists are invited to create a unique and temporary work at the gallery, using the space as a “blank state”.
As publisher, he did somes books with Fabrice Hybert, Chris Johanson, Mac Adams, Marcel Dzama, Francesca Gabbiani, Mark Dion, Yan Sérandour, Charline von Heyl, John Stezaker, Jockum Norström, Pablo Bronstein,Koenraad Dedobbeleer.
We are grateful for the support shown by the following Insitutions since 2002:
– Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
– Bibliothéque Fornay, Paris, France
– Bibliothéque Nationale de France, Paris, France
– Frac Haute Normandie, France
– Cabinet des Estampes du Musée d’art et d’Histoire de Genéve, Suisse
– Graphische Samlung der ETH, Zurich, Suisse
– Kunstmuseum de Zurich, Zurich, Suisse
– Haute Ecole d’Art et Design, Genéve, Suisse
– The Art Institut of Chicago, USA
– The Metropolitan de NY, New York, USA
– The New York Library, New York, USA
– The Yale University, New Haven, USA
– The Guggenheim Museum, New York, USA
– The Getty Center, Los Angeles, USA
– The Whitney Museum of NY, New York, USA
– The Reina Sofia Library, Madrid, Espagne
– etc… and all the Private Collectors.